Education CPE Articles
Professional Association of Event & Industrial Medics Australia Incorporated
Become an accredited Medic
By joining us and becoming a Professional Accredited Medic, we will;
* work together to receive appropriate remuneration for our services.
* guarantee a high standard of pre hospital care to all that require first aid / Medic services.
* Ensure that educator members have the qualifications and knowledge required plus continuing professional education (CPE) needed to deliver quality training and assessment.
* Promote the benifits to Event managers, sporting organisations and Industry of hireing a Professional Accredited Medic.
* Ensure that those that only have basic first aid skills with little or no experience do not perform work outside of their qualifications and experience.
Our aim is to provide quality assurance and public safety by maintaining the high qualification and ethical standards required by event organisations and industry to ensure that event and industrial medics/first aid have the educational and practical skills needed.
PAEIMA have developed a tailored Professional Indemnity and Liability Insurance Policy for PAEIMA accredited Medics. The premiums are extremely competitive with broad policy coverage provided.
PAEIMA Corporate Members delivering PAEIMA accredited courses
Life Survival Training
Healthcorp Pty Limited
1300 852 475
First Response Australia
Emergency Medical Response
ABN: 86 544 223 459 Mobile: 0438 718 369
Not all providers are listed as other RTO's who are not members of PAEIMA may also have approved courses on their scope. For information contact us or discuss what courses you may need with your RTO
Police working with children check.
All our Medics must be professional (paid work) with a minimum of 24 months working experience in the field of either;
Event Medic -Events sports, concerts, functions etc.
Industrial Medic - occupational medic, mining, construction etc.
Extreme Sports Medic, Triathlons, Mud musters, NRL, AFL, BMX boxing and MMA , bike racing etc
Have completed the required continuing professional education (CPE) points each year (see membership requirements)
Have occupational, remote and emergency response pre-hospital care nationally accredited qualifications Plus Advanced life support training to ARC guidelines.
Have qualifications to manage options relating to transporting casualties, including aero-medical evacuation.
Have nationally recognised qualifications covering spinal injury and advanced pain management.
Have current (less than 12 month date) CPR certification
Be qualified to use emergency drugs for advanced pain and other emergency medical conditions
Work under Protocols and Pharmacology
Comply with PAEIMA Code of Conduct
If using the name paramedic ONLY WITH AHPRA registration.
Be fully insured (for professional indemnity and public liability) medics
Use nationally compliant first aid kits (compliant to the Therapeutic Goods Administration).